Hey Dipsey, here is the blue egg silkie chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jkcove08, Jan 4, 2008.

1. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I just wanted to post a few pics of the chick that hatched out of a blue egg but is a silkie. I had 2 hatch but lost the black one for some reason. I cant wait to get more, It is a very interesting colored bird, that is for sure, THe NN from a blue egg is doing good too. It is just basically black with a little white on the wings. Thanks again Lisa.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Ahhh!!! I want one!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] So precious!

3. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    [​IMG] Cute! [​IMG]

4. Oh Jenn! Thanks for the pics!
    Here are the 2 I hatched from the same silkie feathered green eggers. I think they are a little bit younger than yours.

[​IMG]

Lisa

5. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Hey Lisa,
    This one hatched on the 4th of December. It is much larger then the normal silkies that I hatched from you, it is about half again as large. I hope with the cross you might be on track for a larger silkie. If you could get them bigger and still as broody that would be the best for hatching. I have my fingers crossed it is a hen. I cant tell of course right now. It seems like they were all play fighting but I just moved them into a large water trough in the basement and so they have tons of room to run around now. I hope I can resist about another month or so before getting into the hatching feel again. I am also going to get a bunch of chicks in March too. I will let you know when I am ready for more green and blue eggs! You have the best funny lookers around! Thanks Jenn

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    EE Silkies?! :eek: I want one!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by