Hey Everybody

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Utah rockwood, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Utah rockwood

Utah rockwood New Egg

Jun 14, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Never been on a forum with this many members so it's kinda overwhelming. No way anyone could read all the posts on here [​IMG] I couldn't imagine trying to moderate a big forum like this....must have some good mods on here [​IMG]

Got our chickens 1st of March...
    2 Brwn L.H.
    2 Buff Orp.
    2 Rhode I.R.
    Out of this bunch we ended up with 2 roos that we haven't decided what to do with yet. The roos don't fight that much because they've been raised together but we don't know yet if we'll keep them or not.
    It's been a good experience so far. My grandma had chickens years ago so I knew what I was getting into but I'm still learning. I patterned our coop/hen house after my grandmas but on a smaller scale. Wish my grandma were still around so I could ask her questions but my mom has been able to answer most and the rest have been answered on this forum.
    Thanks to everyone making this forum what it is.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms Premium Member

Sep 20, 2009
    On the Farm!
    [​IMG]

Missi

3. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Great to have you here! Chickens are fun, and create a very great learning environment, for everyone, new or old! Plus, they afford me with great amounts of stress relief, which is definitly worth the cost of keeping them!

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] from California [​IMG]

My Great Grandmother is the one who got me hooked when I was just a little thing. Wish I had her around too.

You're going to love this site.

Good luck with your birds.

Oh.........I have 8 roos. So hope you decide to keep yours.

5. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] Glad you've joined us!!

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    We do have awesome Mods and thousands of wonderful members. Welcome, welcome!!

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by