Hey, everybody!

YellowLegs

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 5, 2014
Coast of North Carolina
Hey, everybody! I am new to this site, but I have been lurking about for about a week now before I decided to join. I simply LOVE chickens! They are one of my favorite animals, alongside dogs. But I'm a huge animal lover in general, I just happen to find chicken really interesting and cute to watch. I don't own any chickens, but I would really love too. Anyways, I wanted to say hello to everyone and looking forward to chatting with people who chickens as much as I do!
jumpy.gif

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

We all love chickens here on BYC! Glad you do too!

You sound like me, an animal lover who lists chickens as a favorite right next to dogs!
lol.png

Glad you joined us!

welcome-byc.gif

You should look into getting backyard chickens, there more fun than any animal/fowl lover could imagine. Easier care than dogs and just a little more trouble than a house cat.

Glad you joined the forums, truly hope you'll get your own flock.

Thank you! I love my dogs, I currently have two goldens one being a 4 months old and the other 12 years old. I did have a yellow lab but we loss her to cancer back on July 19 of this year. I would love to raise some hens but my mother isn't on board with that idea and plus the neighborhood we live in don't allow it. But I still want them!
wee.gif

Thank you! I love my dogs, I currently have two goldens one being a 4 months old and the other 12 years old. I did have a yellow lab but we loss her to cancer back on July 19 of this year. I would love to raise some hens but my mother isn't on board with that idea and plus the neighborhood we live in don't allow it. But I still want them!
wee.gif
Sorry, if you can't get support in getting chickens, then you'll have to wait til you are able to….but welcome, and learn….One day, if ya really want them , then you will.

Sorry, if you can't get support in getting chickens, then you'll have to wait til you are able to….but welcome, and learn….One day, if ya really want them , then you will.
On day I shall chickens!
D.gif
But, I have enjoy reading about others on here journeys with raising and hatching chickens and seeing their pictures of them.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. We all love chickens here. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Is there any particular chicken breed you would like to have?

Maybe if your family saw tiny seramas - bred in Malaysia to be house pets. They would let you have one or two indoors. They accept confinement well and will happily sit in a chair and watch tv with you or stare at the screen when you play video games. People could easily mistake them for some kind of rare parrot. Google pictures of seramas/serama chicks you won't believe how tiny they are.

There is a video on you tube, I think called" Phillip fetches,"he is a serama rooster that actually runs and fetches rubber bands. His owners also dress up some of their birds in home made costumes. Oh well. There is a great thread on BYC called "People with house chickens." it's getting more popular every day and neighbors don't know what's going on so don't make the complaints. Seramas even can live in a large parrot cage - when not out playing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom