hey everyone have a question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sager:)silkies, Dec 17, 2011.

1. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    i was wondering in the auction when pppl say hatching eggs do they put them in the incubator for so long and then ship them out or do they collect the eggs and store them somewhere tell ready to be shipped ty everyone

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    They collect them, store them at a cool temperature and turn them regularly (hopefully) then ship them out, if they started them in an incubator then took them out of it and shipped them, the embryos would die.

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Most people have layers they collect from daily so when they ship the eggs depending on how many layers they have laying and how many eggs the buyer wants will determine how old the eggs are when they ship. For example, I have 13 RIR girls and if some one wants RIR eggs I am getting usually 7 to 9 eggs daily as 4 haven't started laying and if a buyer wants a dozen then I would have to collect 2 days worth of eggs and if they wanted 2 dozen then 3 or 4 days depending on what they lay. I have 60 BOs and if someone wanted a dozen or two eggs I could ship them the next day. I wouldn't ship any eggs that are over 4 or 5 days old as it will take a few days depending on how the eggs have to be shipped to. I hope this makes sense.

4. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    Quote:ty u both helped lots i thought they would just colect then ship not incubate them thend ship but everyone says selling hatching eggs so u prob no were I'm comin from

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by