Hey everyone I am back now + update

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
Hey everyone I got back from the Mountain School on Friday for spring break. Half my flock is gone because of fox attacks and other accidents that my parents couldn't prevent. The movable coop and run setup seems to be working alright as long as people are properly trained in how to move it and keep birds in it. At the Mountain school I got plenty of chickens they have a mixed flock of 100 hens and roosters. I also helped with lambing and have seen 6 ewes give birth and helped (dried lambs off + dipped cords) 4 of them. I am having a great time academically, socially , and I am getting my farming fix to. Today I visited Will Marrow and got two more Welsummer pullets and one black ameraucana pullet. I also got my fist Welsummer pullet egg from an older pullet. I love this girls little egg and her personality is great to. Hope everyone is doing well. I am going back sunday of next week.

thanks,
Henry

Henry - So glad you are back.

How was it? Want to hear all about it. Post some stories.

I have been hatching like crazy up here in Thurmont. I have 14 Barnevelder eggs in the incubator right now and will be adding some Barred Rock and others from SpeckledHen this evening.

Really gald you are back and safe.

Last edited:
Thats great that your enjoying it and getting some awesome experiences.
Sorry for the loss of your birds while you were away
sad.png

I hope you enjoy your spring break
smile.png

Quote:
I am a 8 hour drive from home and a hour long flight I have been flying mostly though not driving that far.

Quote:
Thanks I am going to have to PM your for a summary of whats been happening around your place or any major events I need to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom