Hey everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by phoenixxflame, Apr 11, 2017.

1. phoenixxflame

phoenixxflame Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Hi all, as you can see, I'm new to the BYC community! I have had ducks for about 1 1/2 years, and chickens, a year.
    Ducks:
    Peter (Black-Pied Muscovy Drake), Stuart (White Muscovy Hen), Bobby (White Muscovy Hen), and Truffles (Brown Muscovy Hen). These four I got from a friend of mine. They produced four ducklings last spring: Squish (Black Muscovy Drake), Markus (White Muscovy Drake), Quasimodo (Black-Pied Muscovy Hen), and Checkers (Black-Pied Muscovy hen). Early November, Quasimodo died due to his leg problem, and some time around February Squish and Markus died for an unknown reason. I also got three eggs that spring from a fellow livestock buddy. They were Peeper(Black Swedish/Pekin Hen), Jace(Black Swedish and Pekin Hen), and Dave (Black Swedish/Pekin Drake). Peeper, my favorite hen, was drowned by Truffles when she was only a few weeks old.
    Chickens:
    Red Star Hens: Buttercup, Freckles, Speckles, Henrietta, Big Barbara, and Reefer. I got Henrietta, Big Barbara, and Reefer about 6 months after the first batch of ducks, and the other three just a month ago.
    The same livestock friend that gave us the Black Swedish/Pekin Ducks just gave us three more chickens. There is a Black Star named Big Mama, A leghorn/??? named Sour Cream, and a Buff Orpington named Alejandro Santiago Quarequez Ramirez III(AKA Tiger Banana).

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under phoenixxflame [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry to hear of your losses [​IMG]

For future reference BYC also has a Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us.

Best wishes
    CT

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm sorry to hear about your losses, it sure is sad when we lose them :hugs
    You have some wonderful names there and I have really enjoyed reading through your post and about your birds.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, phoenixxflame, and a belated :welcome! Happy you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by