Hey everyone

justusgals

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2018
Southern Utah
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are just beginning our chicken adventures. Many of our neighbors have well established flocks and we are excited to begin our own.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 8 chicks due to arrive 4/4
(3) What breeds do you have?

4 Dominiques, 1 Barred Plymouth Rock, 2 Black Jersey Giants and 1 Black Australorp
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

We stumbled upon you in a web search
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
In our spare time we like to hike, travel, garden and spend time together
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We have a large family dad, mom, six children who live full time with us and 3 that are here part time. I (mom) fly in a metal bird (aka airplane) for a living and look forward to having some birds here at home. It will be nice to have the kids here in our own coop instead of the neighbors :) we look forward to learning as much as we can from all of you.

G'Day from down under justusgals :frowWelcome! Very exciting! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. These two may be of particular interest:
Topic of the Week - Getting Started, Keeping Chickens
Topic of the Week - Keeping the Flock Safe from Predators

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may also be interested in these links:

Back
Top Bottom