1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Hey everyone:))

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Herittavityuk, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Herittavityuk

Herittavityuk In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2018
    hi, my name is Angie and I have stepped into life as a chicken mom only about 2 weeks ago, when my friend found a chicken roaming her yard that needed a home. I took her in about a week ago. I have no idea what breed she is but she is the sweetest, smallest chicken I’ve ever met. (We named her Henritta hah) anyway, I’m glad I found somewhere my questions on Henritta can be answered:) I found BYC when I was looking up what feed to buy her hah.

2. FrankieDoodle

FrankieDoodle Crossing the Road

Jul 29, 2017
    California
    :frow Welcome to BYC!!! :woot

3. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler Premium Member

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy Angie :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Free Ranging

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Hello, and welcome to BYC!

5. Floppy Pheasant

Floppy Pheasant Songster

Jul 29, 2017
    Welcome!

6. Floppy Pheasant

Floppy Pheasant Songster

Jul 29, 2017
    Hi Angie,is she your only chicken? Just asking because chickens are "flock" birds,they like other chickens for comfort,while you may be a wonderful "mom" to her,she's going to need another chicken or two...as much love as humans can provide them,nothing takes the place of living with "other chickens " ...

7. Pugsabi

Pugsabi Free Ranging

Jun 5, 2018
    Arlington, Texas
    Hi Angie! Post a picture and we might be able to tell you what breed she is.

Edit: nevermind I just noticed your other thread!

Chick-N-Fun, rjohns39, KLIL and 2 others like this.
  8. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Angie and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/website-announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3/?prefix_id=3

Best wishes
    Pork Pie

9. Herittavityuk

Herittavityuk In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2018
    Yes I am aware that chickens do better in a flock and I’m looking into getting her a few companions:)

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member 9 Years

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: