hey folks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by andyboro, Aug 18, 2011.

1. andyboro

andyboro Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2011
    Hi,

Ive just come across this place while having a good google so thought id pop in and say hello [​IMG]

Id always quite liked the idea of having a few chickens running around in the garden so when a workmate of the girlfriend has some for sale I jumped at the chance.

They arent exactly what i was expecting (2 of them are silkys... they sort of resemble small clouds and lay little eggs lol?) but they started laying a few days after we took them on - it seems the last owner kept them cooped up at all times and they have the run of the garden at ours [​IMG]

No doubt ill be asking more questions than i can contribute to for a while but thought id say hi anyway [​IMG]

Andy

2. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga.

[​IMG]

WELCOME ABOARD. Ask away thats what were all about. [​IMG]

3. andyboro

andyboro Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2011
    Thanks [​IMG]

Ive posted my first one up already! lol

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    [​IMG] Hello Andy and welcome to BYC!

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    [​IMG] from Hawaii youll find everything you need to know here at byc, except chicken math [​IMG] but the peeps here are so helpful and kind youll be here a lot!! [​IMG]!! have fun ! Aloha [​IMG]

7. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from my little corner of the world! AAAHHHH silkies! beautiful little chicks! They are on my "wishlist"! Have fun!

8. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Glad to have you aboard. The people and information here are priceless. I know what you mean about "not what you expected". I grew up on a farm, but had no idea just how many types of chickens there were until I got on here.

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, andyboro! Great to have you on board. I stumbled across BYC on accident as well. Really glad I did! I agree with you on silkies - I'd never even heard of a silkie and I've still never seen one in person but in the pictures they don't even look like birds - the look kinda alien, but really cool. Have fun with your birds![​IMG]

10. CarlaS

CarlaS Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2011
    : welcome from MN! Have fun w/ your chickens! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by