Hey from da UP

hildymarie

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 13, 2009
da UP of Michigan
We recently (2 weeks ago) 25 broiler chicks. We have them in our shed justa eating, pooping, drinking and growing. They will be going out into a chicken tractor much like that of Joel Salatin in his book 'Pastured Poultry Profits'. Not too likely to become a professional at it but certainly would like to grow for ourselves.
This is the first test. If these survive we may get a real chicken house and do eggs.
We are in da UP of Michigan where it is still pretty chilly at night so it may be a while before my babies, er um...chicken dinners can go outside in the tractor.
We would like to know more about chicken raising. We have some friends who do some chicken tractoring as part of their livlihood and they have been invaluable to help us start but we need to branch out, I think they may be getting tired of our every question and I am hoping to find others with the same questions and more answers.
Other than that we have one inside cat who doesnt know how good she has it and one outside cat that came as a stray last winter just as it was getting frigid out so we set him up out in the porch. We thought he was somewhat feral from the way he acted but he is just expressive not feral.
I was thrilled to find this forum.
-hildymarie
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
clap.gif

you can search the forums here. There are Soooooooooooo many different threads and how to's!! Learned to incubate because of this website!

Back
Top Bottom