Hey from Florida

TSW99

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Tallahassee Fl
New to byc I have been keeping chickens for several years. I have used byc many times so I thought I would become a member. Currently having 11 hens 2 of them being bantams one rooster and two ducks

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens do you have?

I have three Easter eggers or Americanas not shore, one well summer one cochin bantam one Japanese bantam and five Amberlinks (some sort of hybrid)

I have three Easter eggers or Americanas not shore, one well summer one cochin bantam one Japanese bantam and five Amberlinks (some sort of hybrid)

You have an interesting mix of breeds. Amerlinks are a cross between a silver gene rooster and a red gene hen (a reverse Red Sex Link) and they are excellent layers. If your EEs or Americauanas came from a hatchery (unless it was Meyer Hatchery), they are Easter Eggers. There is a good article explaining the differences between Ameraucanas, Araucanas, and Easter Eggers at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html. EEs are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite hens. She loves their different colored eggs.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Nice to have lurkers joining on
clap.gif

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom