Hey from NJ, squeaky chicken questions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by talons4hands, Feb 7, 2017.

1. talons4hands

talons4hands New Egg

Feb 7, 2017
    So I've been using these forums since I inherited a few chickens, you are all awesome people with tons of tips and tricks I've used as I learn how to raise chickens, so thank you all for the help.
    I have another question that really hasn't gotten many answers here that I've found. One of my chickens was unfortunate enough to get caught on the bottom of the pecking order and they pecked the hell out of her butt till she was bleeding pretty good. I took her out and cleaned her up and separated her from the others and now she stays in a seperate coop by herself while she heals(she just decided to start molting the same week so it's taking longer than I expected) either way she has randomly started squeaking. I thought it could be from the injury and maybe her butt fused to tight but she's still pooping and because she molting I know she's not laying anything. Plenty of food and water and I change out her water daily, but she still fluffs up and looks like she trying to push a ostrich egg out and then squeaks. Any answer would be awesome to hear.

2. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am quite glad you decided to join the flock, and please make yourself at home here! Enjoy BYC! :frow

~Cuz

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Talons4Hands, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us but sorry to hear about your picked on and squeaky chicken. I'm wondering if she either doesn't have something going on with her respiratory system or perhaps has something agitating her crop. As I've not run across this, if it was me I'd post - in as much detail as possible - in the following forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
    The folks there may be able to give you the low down on what you're dealing with. Best of luck to your hen and thanks for joining BYC!

1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under talons4hands [​IMG] Welcome!

I agree with redsoxs in that it is probably best to speak to the folks on the Emergencies & Diseases Forum. If you could upload a video of her squeaking that would probably be very helpful.

Best wishes to you and her.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Thanks for joining our flock. Your hen sounds like she's having a tough time. There are a multitude of things that could be wrong with her: Respiratory infection, egg-bound, various bacterial or viral infections can cause the symptoms you are seeing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by