Hey, from the Ozarks. Thanks BackYard Chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by littlecrow, Jul 31, 2013.

1. littlecrow

littlecrow New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    I have a 16 month old Silver Duckwing OEG Bantam rooster. A couple of weeks ago his left eye started to look bubbly and swollen. After about a week, it finally got better. Then it got bad again. It has kept getting worse the past week. Then it closed and crusted over. He started wondering off by himself. He hasn't ate or drank for a couple of days. He also had a little nose drainage all through this. His comb flopped over to one side a couple of days ago and droopy as ever.
    This morning, no change, we took him out of the chicken house and forced some food and water down him. When he finally found the water, he drank for 10 minutes. Then he just went over by himself and layed down.
    I don't know what else to do for the little guy. Does anybody know some remides? Can anyone help? Should I bring him inside?

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  4. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    [​IMG]
    Post in the section linked above for better results, but you should be able to buy this stuff for worming horses at the feed store and someone will reply in that section with the correct details.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Happy you joined!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] He's gone a long time without any treatment, especially when he is getting progressively worse. A feed store might have suggested a diagnosis for him or whomever you got your birds from. I hope someone will respond to you on the ' emergencies' thread quickly, so you may be able to save him.

7. littlecrow

littlecrow New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Thanks everybody for the welcome. I'm still trying to figure out how to post on the ER thread.

8. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

I'm not totally sure but it sounds like Coryza to me, which is a Respiratory disease..... years ago we brought it home to our other chickens (we had to start all over,when we lost the last one) :( ...I think you can do a search on here and get some answers ... so sorry,it's hard to watch and the bird will be a carrier for life..if that's what it is...hope this helps..

9. littlecrow

littlecrow New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Thank you for your reply. Any help is appreciated.

10. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by