Hey Gardeners, I am giving away some Flower Seeds...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Oct 7, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    You just need to leave a comment on the post on my blog. I'm giving away some lovely Red Canna seeds I've collected this year to the winner.

I will draw a winner next Tuesday!

http://fromseed.blogspot.com/

2. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Anyone into Canna Seeds?! If not and you win, I have other seeds I can trade in to the winner. I thought these would be fun since you need to start these inside this winter rather then wait until spring. [​IMG]

ETA: Ok someone commented they couldn't post... i just looked at the setting on my blog and I had accidently changed it to registered users only... i changed it back to anyone! Just remember I need to get in contact with you if you win, so email or a link to your blog would help alot!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  3. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Those cannas are gorgeous! I hope I win [​IMG]

4. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Hey Iowa Roo Mom, you left no way for me to contact you if you win!?

5. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    Oooo... shucks!!! Now what do I do? Can I edit it? [​IMG]

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Just post again I guess!? I don't know if you can edit comments?!

It'll only count as one entry though [​IMG]

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Hey, are these the edible type? I've already got some fine reds, thanks though! DH wants to line the drainage ditch with various cannas. I'm a bit wary due to the aggressive nature of the growth - invasive in parts of Florida already, now that the gov't is promoting them as wetland filter plants - well, this is how kudzu got started.

Man, sorry for the rambling! I need more coffee or just a swift kick in the bum. I was just so fascinated the other day reading that canna roots were a food crop in the tropics.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I Posted on your blog for the seeds.... but thought you could contact winner via BYC PM's ... does this mean I have to go back and edit?

Great Blog by the way... well done!

9. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    No I need a contact email on the blog. I have this open to ANYONE... I have it listed on several forums and on my Twitter as well as Etsy. I may not know someone who posted was from BYC. Sorry about that!

10. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Someone else forgot to leave a contact method! [​IMG] I don't want anyone to miss out on winning because I can't email you to get your info!

Just so everyone knows... I only have red Cannas... sorry I can't swap colors... or I would! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by