Hey Grits...how's your bobcat?????!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Scrambled Egg, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Where've you been girl???? Feedin that bobcat some more possums?!! I know you have my Fred in a holdin pen somewhere...he and jr. haven't been around in a couple of weeks...did Lee come donw here and catch them for you for bobcat chow?!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    The bobcat is doing just fine, but he's still possum-less! [​IMG]
    He has his very own bowl now, not far from Kitty's. Kitty does her very best to eat both bowls up, to keep him from getting any, but she can't.
    He's gotten used to us, doesn't even run out of the yard when I let Charlie out, so I guess I need to add him to my list of pets.
    Nice to see ya around girl. You've been in my good thoughts. [​IMG]

3. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    What? You have a bobcat...how did I miss that thread?

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Have you not seen the pics of him hooligan? He's absolutely gorgeous. He's really a bobcat hybrid. My SO tells me he's not the first one of his kind in the 40+ years he's been living on this farm. We have (at least) one sure 'nuff bobcat too, but he stays hidden.
    Anyhow, he showed up a few months ago and his visits progressed to being nightly and now he comes to the back door to be fed. We've judged him to be about 20 lbs., my male siamese DaNang was 18 lbs., and this guy is just a tad bigger. He may be 1 or 2 generations removed from full bobcat, he has ears that are more cat-like and they have very little "tuffing". I'll jump over and get you a pic of him real quick, different from the one that was posted elsewhere.

[​IMG]

Here's the promised pic. It's not the best pic in the world, but it demonstrates how well he blends in. I must admit I was a tad bit freaked the first time I heard him "yowl", before I knew what it was. He doesn't sound anything like a domestic cat. Now I'm used to it, but I still don't like it at 4 a.m. under my bedroom window.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by