Hey guys and gals from South La!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chris Herzog, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Chris Herzog

Chris Herzog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    Hey everyone,
    I'm Chris H from South La, close to New Orleans and I'm new to the whole chicken thing. I told the wife a long time ago, that if we ever moved and was able to get property to keep the horses at home....I wanted chickens. Well in April, we moved and bought a small piece of land and we now have 23 chickens. [​IMG] I originally got 25 birds 3 months ago from Murray McMurray but at the time really only wanted 5 or 10. I settled on 15;) and so I gave 10 of them away. When we counted them again a day or two later, I realized that I had 16 and remembered that they had sent me one extra bird, a gift. In the beginning, I didn't want any roosters either but #16 turned out to be an Ameracona roo. The other birds are a mix of RIR's, NH's BR's and sex links. Well after going back and forth about 100 times, I ended up ordering 6 more hens about a month ago from My Pet Chicken and got 3 Columbian WyandotteÂ’s and 3 Buff Orpingtons to add to the bunch. If that was not enough, last Thursday I picked up a 5-month old Ameracona roo from a local guy to give me a total of 23 birds.

I have been coming on here now for months and reading all the good info that you guys post and just recently decided to join the forum. So here I am, with a bunch of birds, a bunch of questions and still very wet behind the ears with all this. I'm not sure how much good I can add to all this but I'm hoping to keep learning from you all and may-be make a few new friends along the way.

Chris

2. OneTenthAcreAndAChicken

OneTenthAcreAndAChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    San Diego
    Hi Chris - when I saw your topic said 'South La', my southern California brain thought LA [​IMG]

Congrats on the new property and the chickens - that's quite a flock you have. Enjoy and

Welcome from San Diego. [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hi Chris! [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
  6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Just having you here is adding enough. Glad to have you!

[​IMG]

7. Chris Herzog

Chris Herzog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

CH

8. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from N.W. Tennessee [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Welcome [​IMG]. Glad you are here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by