Hey guys :D

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by xIndigoSkyx, Jan 22, 2012.

1. xIndigoSkyx

xIndigoSkyx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    St.Albert, Alberta
    Haven't been on in forever! It was so warm today the snow was melting! I let the ducks out and for the first time in 2 weeks they actually walked outside! I also went to the Edmonton Pet Expo of 2012 and there were chickens there! Yay!!!!

2. duckdad

duckdad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    So the winter up there is a little less than the typical winter?

Here as well...
    Down here in Texass, as a child I recall this time of year being 25-30 degrees and often wet. It was like that fr om early Dec to Feb or March.
    Today it was 80. Got highs around 70 to 80 all week. Trees are as confused as the buyers at Neiman Marcus or Macy's. Heck, I'm confused. I'm having to wear my last yrs cheesey Hawaiian shirt collection because the new stuff ain;t out yet and the winter wardrobe sure isn't gonna work...Got all my coats and jackets all hung on the tree for convenience...and I have used one maybe 4 times this winter.
    I liked seasons.....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  3. xIndigoSkyx

xIndigoSkyx Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2010
    St.Albert, Alberta
    Wow it ain't even that warm out here!!!

4. duckdad

duckdad Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2011
    This winter sure has everyone confused..we're just not getting the jet stream to bring us any of the coldest storms that are still in the far north...we had more freezing temps in Nov than we have had since Thanksgiving.. Its got the ducks all messed up as well..they think its spring...some molting, others wanting to breed...some unsure of what to do like their owners. I pray that this is not the indicator of another summer like we had last yr...I won;t survive another summer like that. 110 degrees....100% humidity. Like a 5 month long sauna. Pure misery with the electric bill to prove it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by