1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hey guys, Help with breed and sex

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pinkychick, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Pinkychick

Pinkychick Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Hello, I am hoping I don't have to change my Chloe's name to Clou or something. I need help figuring out what breed she/he is and what sex he/she is. Thanks guys P.S. about 7 weeks old. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also I have Zoe, can I also get help with he she and breed? Thanks Only 1 pic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

Quote:were did you get them? cause both are roos (the combs are the big tellers), and they might be bramham (SP?)

3. Pinkychick

May 23, 2011
    Ya I was thinking Brahma. Lt. Brahma, but was thinking Chloe could be cochin? So you think both roo's wow. Well I bought a mama salmon faverolle with 10 babies. So they are a mixed bag. I will keep a few roos and sell the rest. I am definitely keeping Chloe and Zoe. Hmm need male names I guess. Love some other input also. Thanks a bunch!

4. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

Quote:ya, the body looks henish, but watch the combs, they are the tall tell sign, i learn that the hard way with peeps (who was suppose to be a hen!)

5. NixNoodleNumbat

NixNoodleNumbat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Australia
    Zoe is a hen. Light brahma, I reckon.
    Chloe is a hen too. I don't know about the breed.

6. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Chloe is a D'Uccle mix of some sort.

Are there feathers on Zoe's feet? If so,she's a light brahma. But what's strange is that I'm seeing a rose comb on her..if she doesn't have
    any feathered feet,she is most like a columbian wyandotte.

7. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I think she's a hen!!

8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    Quote:well, pullet

9. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Chloe is a Faverolle mix and yes, I think it's a rooster. Zoe looks like a pullet.

10. Pinkychick

May 23, 2011
    [​IMG] Well ok than. Lotsa different opinions. That is too funny. [​IMG] Please keep chiming in everyone. I am thinking now that someone mentioned it that Chloe could indeed be a salmon faverolle mix. Her momma is salmon faverolle and don't know what the father is. Zoe does have feathers on her feet and she is a lt brahma. I am pretty sure on that one. Thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by