hey guys.. It's been awhile, hasn't it? I'll tell you why I was gone..

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by crocodile girl, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crocodile girl

crocodile girl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2008
    Sorry for the abrupt hiatus...I was bitten by one of my venomous snakes. I wasn't really in the mood to go on a forum..for awhile it was tough doing anything. I just stopped physical therapy. Sigh...

I've had a lot of help with my scaly pets. My two older brothers are wonderful...They never liked my pets, but they still stayed over to feed and clean the enclosures (under my watchful eye, of course). My father made me promse to never keep venomous species again, so...yeah. It was a bit hard to say goodbye...but as they say, "papa knows best". And my poor mother...she was distraught. She wouldn't leave the emergency room, eventually, when I was transferred and whatnot, Papa had to make her leave me alone with my also-very-scared-boyfriend. He's terrified of reptiles as it is...Only hangs around them cuz he loves me, lol. They broke the mold when they made that man, that's for sure. My brothers gave me space, but...yeah. Brothers never stop worrying about the kid sister, they think it's their job.

The chickens are fine, though I can't wait for those chicks I ordered to gain a bit more weight, lol. My brothers overfed those pets of mine! I'm of course, referring to my reptiles. I guess they just like watching them eat...ugh. boys will be boys...I'm so used to my boyfriend panicking whenever he sees something like a blood spatter after something nails a chicken at feeding time...but..hey, it's not his fault, he's just a man. He took care of the chickens, and he'll clean up after all the animals, but he won't otherwise go near the reptiles. Unless I *coax* him a little...LOL [​IMG]

By the way, anyone think me proposing to him would be weird? I don't want an engagement ring, Cuz then I'd have to wear it all the time, and I don't wear rings! I'm really not a jewelry person..the wedding band wouldn't be so bad, though.

[​IMG]

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey! Welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling better.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

5. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    we loved your last thread

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    you said "my father" that means your young...

why would a "young" gurl be messing around with snakes.
    Not normall. hows that dog, and the crocks, and the snakes, and the chickens?

7. Malbri

Malbri Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Bowdoin
    oh no

8. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I don't think it'd be weird. Glad your okay

9. crocodile girl

crocodile girl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2008
    Hey! Welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks. Me too. what about my last thread? what's with the smack, okiechick57?​

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    What kind of snake nailed you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by