Hey guys!

Filatov27

Hatching
Jun 7, 2016
Hi!

My name is Richard Filatov, I am from Russia, but I live in Switzerland at the moment. I have a pair of Chinese Button Quails in my appartment, in a rather large cage. I am always curious to learn new facts about my and other birds. I like specially the non-flying birds, my pair is a male and a female. I am not sure yet of what name to give to the female, while I call the male "Raptor". I also love Dinosaurs
smile.png
, in fact from them comes my interest for birds.

I have worked in the local Birds of Prey Rescue Center, here in Switzerland. There I used to feed some of the largest birds of prey living in the area, as well as cleaning the aviaries, tending to wounded birds and also general park maintenance.

I love to watch the birds interact with one another. Also I find very captivating the studies of birds carried forward by modern day geneticists. They are attempting to genetically retro-engineer theropod Dinosaurs from birds. I love my two quails, but one day I would love to see a real-life chickenosaurus!

Very nice to meet you Richard. I am not sure I am ready to meet a chickenosaurus . I imagine they would be pretty large

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I've read somewhere that the chicken is the closest living relative to the T-Rex, genetically. Hard to imagine! Enjoy the site!

Hi Richard and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us.

CT

Back
Top Bottom