1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Hey Guys

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gagas chickens, Mar 31, 2012.

1. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gagas chickens

Gagas chickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Its day 22 of incubation. is it ok to put them under a broody hen to increase my chances?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] . I'm sorry I can't help you with your incubating questions but at that stage I personally would not move the eggs.

3. [​IMG] From Texas............ No I would not move the eggs and if none of the eggs are pipped by day 23 chances are they will not hatch. My eggs almost always hatch right on day 21 and then there are always a few stragglers on day 22 day I pull all chicks that have hatched out of locked down incubator, any remaining unhatched eggs I test to see if good or bad with a glass of warm water... good eggs sink & bad eggs float. The floaters get tossed out and the sinkers I will give a day or 2 more to see if they will hatch, most of time they don't hatch.

4. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

Wouldn't touch them. I would leave them for a couple more days and then consider them duds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by