Hey Gypsy07 - You are a Grandma!

Highlander

Tartan Terror
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Prague
Gypsy07 sent me some eggs from her Marsh Daisy flock 3 weeks ago. They were packed amazingly - it took me half an hour to unpack a dozen eggs! - but unfortunately most of the aircells were detatched on arrival. Some of the eggs were over 2 weeks old by the time I set them also, so things were against the hatch from the start. I had to toss one early quitter and a juggling experiment gone wrong took care of another at 13 days
roll.png
but 10 made it to lockdown. Yesterday was day 21 and it has gone s.l.o.w.l.y but gradually they have been making an appearance. This is what my brooder looks like as of this evening.

16494_daisy_chicks_001.jpg

16494_daisy_chicks_002.jpg

16494_daisy_chicks_003.jpg

3 of those are mutt chicks from a neighbours flock. I set a dozen of those too and so far only 3 have hatched. I have 5 Daisies in the brooder, another newly hatched in the incubator and another pipping right now. So it looks like I might get 7 out of 10 from 2 week old shipped eggs. Amazing considering the 2 day old eggs from 500 yards away have been so poor. I am dead chuffed with the results, and who wouldn't be? They are super cute. Thanks again Gypsy.
smile.png

And I'll take the ones she doesn't get! They are pretty danged cute..... if ya like chicks.
lol.png

As long as people are calling 'dibs'...can I have that cute bright yellow one in the upper left? Please? Who doesn't love baby chicks!?

Quote:
Haha. You don't need to worry - you've still got a few more to hatch out! Put me down for that big fat ginger one please.

I'm so chuffed you got such a good result. Guess your humidity wasn't too bad after all. Well done!!!

Quote:
Haha. You don't need to worry - you've still got a few more to hatch out! Put me down for that big fat ginger one please.

I'm so chuffed you got such a good result. Guess your humidity wasn't too bad after all. Well done!!!

thanks! Still convinced half of it is down to you and your birds and the other half luck.

PS, #7 just started zipping!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom