Hey Hey from NH!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by naturemama, May 15, 2011.

1. naturemama

naturemama New Egg

May 14, 2011
    Hello all, so I'm joining the world of chickens! My happy little family, 3 kids, 5, 3, & 3 mo. & hubby thought chickens seemed like a fun thing to do and after checking out this site for lots of research i see that i'm right! We're getting a mix of chicks and pullets for a variety of breeds, and eggs right away. These ladies will be our pets that give us eggs. We're having fun coming up with names even though we don't have them yet. Our chicks were delayed by a week and some pullets ready to pick up today. Exciting! In all the hubbub of getting the coop built, bedding and food, i didn't think about how to bring home the pullets from the store, can i just put them in a box? Theres 4 of them. Well, i suppose we'll get it figured out. Anyway, so happy to be here...

2. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

Chicks are OK in a box for a while if you keep them warm. Mine were in a cooler for the first night.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  3. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds.

4. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    Welcome to BYC! from NW Washington State [​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. A box or cage will be fine, just make sure you put something on the floor to keep them from slipping. [​IMG]

6. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

7. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] from Texas [​IMG]
    I use a cat carrier to move baby chicks, but boxes or the tubs you get at Wal-Mart work just as well.

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

10. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms