Hey, hockey fans!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Dec 11, 2009.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I'm on my way to watch my beloved Detroit Red Wings in Hockeytown. Maybe you'll see me if you watch the game. [​IMG]

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I just may!!!!!!

3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Awesome!! Who are they playing? Maybe you'll bring them some luck, they haven't had the best season thus far. They look tired out there instead of their usual aggressive forward-playing ways [​IMG]

4. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Interesting that we're all from Michigan! [​IMG]

5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    cool, have fun!!

6. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Have fun! Sorry I am a big Penguins fan!

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Wow, the Joe Louis Arena is amazing. I saw Gordie Howe!! [​IMG] He was in the lobby area signing autographs. [​IMG] I didn't get one, though... You had to have purchased a copy of one of his books; he was doing a book-signing thing.

I agree about the Wings looking tired last night. They played the Ducks, and the first two periods were pretty dull as far as the actual gameplay; the Wings didn't really get any "jump" on their game until the third. The Ducks scored two goals, and then the Wings came back to tie in the third, and they won in overtime. That was pretty sweet. The Wings had some outstanding goaltending last night. We were sitting right behind the goal that got reviewed. The score could have easily been in favor of the Ducks, but a lot of really good stops were made.

There were a couple of decent fights in the came, one on center ice which was pretty entertaining. I don't watch hockey for the fights, but it was cool because I was actually at the game and got to see a little bit of everything that makes up the game of hockey. Some fans in the section to our left must have been, um, overindulging, because a session of "fisticuffs" [​IMG] actually broke out in the stands during the second period. A couple of guys were quickly ejected from the arena by security.

I didn't get home until about 1:30 am last night, and I was sooooo tired. It was totally worth it, though!!

8. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Wings fan here too. I'm originally from Lapeer.

GO WINGS!

9. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I am a Lightning fan. [​IMG] They are not doing the best this year.

10. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    Go Sabres!

We've gone to three hockey games in person. Its much different than watching it on TV. We saw the Sabres play Columbus a couple years ago and had seats right behind the bench. It was very cool to watch the line changes and what goes on off the ice. We also had a great fight to see, the official got a punch to the face right in the middle of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by