Hey, I'm new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chickeese, Apr 1, 2017.

1. chickeese

chickeese New Egg

Apr 1, 2017
    Hello there! I am a chicken fanatic! I am getting 3 brand new baby chicks and 2 goslings sometime in the first week of April! I am getting a black Silkie, a Plymouth Rock, and a buff Orpington, I plan on taming them so I can easily hold them and play with them. I am not completely new, but I haven't owned chickens in a long time and even when I did I only collected eggs and fed them a few times a month when my parents didn't feel up to the task. We were given the chickens after a family friend didn't want them anymore but we also ended up giving up the chickens quite soon because my parents didn't want to deal with all the poop anymore. But I am quite excited about the new life coming into my home! I plan on raising the geese and chickens together so they can be together in the same coop when they are older (don't worry I did my research on this topic and I read about how geese may try and kill the chickens, so they are going to have separate runs and the chickens will have a section of the coop that the geese can't get to to ensure their safety.)

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under chickeese [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! It's great to have you in flock! Best wishes to you and your upcoming chicks and geese! [​IMG]

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Have fun with your new birds!

7. ChookLover02

ChookLover02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2017
    Hi, I'm new here too! I've got 20 chickens, 9 ducks and 3 turkeys. I hope to get geese one day too, they're so cute

8. Three chickens

Three chickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2016
    Riverside CA.
    Hello from Southern California. Sounds like you've done your research. Welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by