Hey, I'm now (obviously :P)

AussieHens96

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
Gosh, I really don't know how to start? Ok, ok, as of recently we've just got chickens and everyone in the family is pretty excited about it. In past my parents and grandparents lived on farms and as consequence, owned chickens, so we know a little bit. I found this website and was stoked to find a website.

Just like my name is, I am aussie (Australian) and so "Hey, from the land down under" :) Lol.

So we're getting the chickens today, like picking them up and we're just getting 3-4 (1 silkie and 2-3 Isa Browns but maybe 1 other sort) :) All quite exciting - we built our coop yesterday :D Will post pictures soon :)

welcome-byc.gif

It's getting cool here in Melbourne also. I notice the girls perched close together. 3 weeks ago they were panting and on separate perches. Good luck with your new family.

It's getting cool here in Melbourne also. I notice the girls perched close together. 3 weeks ago they were panting and on separate perches. Good luck with your new family.

At the moment all four chickens (2 eighteen week old Isa Browns, a small wyandotte (forgot her age) and my silkie) were all huddled up in one single nesting box. Our temperature gets quite cool, I think we're dropping to about 15. We've got a bit of wind and rain but they're area is pretty well insulated and while they huddle up we'll think they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom