HEY, IT'S ME SILAS AMOS WHITE FROM NIGERIA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by amos white, Jan 14, 2017.

1. amos white

amos white New Egg

Jan 7, 2017
    Thank you for having me

2. amos white

amos white New Egg

Jan 7, 2017
    please what causes bumps on chicken's comb. Am worried because its all over my chicken's comb

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under amos white [​IMG] Welcome!

Your chicken could have Fowl Pox. This is a link to an informative article on the subject: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/avian-pox-how-to-treat-your-chickens-for-avian-pox

Or, (s)he might just have been pecked on the comb by one of the other chickens which has caused a small wound.

I recommend posting your question and some pictures of the comb on the Emergencies & Diseases Forum where you should get some help determining which it is and how to treat it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    THANK YOU for joining us at Backyard chickens. I have no experience with fowl pox but, I think it can come in one of two forms, wet pox and dry pox. The people on the emergency thread should be able to help you out. It would also help if you could post a photo of your rooster's comb, for them to check out.

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, amos white, and :welcome! Pleased you joined our community! Best wishes! :)

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, Amos and welcome to BYC. If possible, posting on the ER forum, with pictures of the comb would help people to diagnose.

Best wishes
    CT

7. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, I hope there's nothing serious going on with your chicken.

8. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

9. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I am glad you joined us! You have been given some great advice, so I'll just say thanks for joining us and best wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by