1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hey Louisiana & Texas folks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Sep 12, 2007.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Break out your hip waiters, lol. Tropical storm Humberto is headed our way. It's basically folowing the same path as Rita. [​IMG]
    Texas has had more than it's share of rain. We are desperate for some here in N.E. La. The bayou is down three ft or more.Looks like we are gonna get it back all at once.
    Everyone please take care & be safe.
    Miriam

2. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    More rain!!! Yee Haww!! I love rain!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I saw that on the news awhile ago too.

I think it will be just barely to the East of us. We may get some rain, but not like what they are saying for your area. We have had a lot of rain, but it dries up quick in the heat that we've had lately.

I hope you don't get it as bad as they say. Take care.

Jean

4. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Yep was just outside battening down the hatches.
    Hope its just the rain!

5. smnytx

smnytx Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2007
    Well, after the time we had trying to "escape" from Rita (read: sat on the Hardy toll road, inside beltway 8 for about 4 hours in the blazing sun, not moving)... I think I'll stay put!

They've cancelled classes at my school (UH) in the morning...[​IMG] I'm fixing to sleep in!

I just hope the rain doesn't keep my shipment of babies from getting to the feed store tomorrow!

6. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Geesh I better start watching the news more often! Sure hope we don't get that over here. I don't want anymore rain!! OH yeah If your wondering...you know that little pointy thing on the boot that sticks out? Well thats us! [​IMG]

7. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Hope all goes well with the storm - maybe for once everyone will get just the right amount of rain??

One can always hope, right??

Anyway, batten down those 'hatches' (yes, pun intended)

Susan

8. TxChiknRanchers

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Whew!!!!!!!! Well we made it! Tropical storm turned into Hurricane Humberto over night (80mph winds) but we made it.

Let the chicks out after daylight this morning they ran around ate a little then hauled it back inside. didn't seem to care about the storm, one way or the other. Don't like the rain much as near as I can tell

The big girls and Little man are hold up in the tractor and not stirring much.

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    TxChiknRanchers, good to hear.How much rain are yall expected to get?
    We're waiting for ours, maybe this afternoon I hope. [​IMG] Come on rain [​IMG]

10. TxChiknRanchers

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Word was 11 to 15 inches in places. We had at least 4 or 5 but it is still raining.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by