Hey Mom, look what I did!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SunAngel, May 3, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    A few days ago my 2-3 week old Amberlinks and Red Sex Links got moved out to the brooder in the big coop. I make sure to get out there several times a day and give them treats and attention. Yesterday evening I go in to lock up the big girls, peek in on little ones and this is what greets me....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was like, Omg! What happened to my chick! Mind you, she is a RSL and her wings and tail were white and her legs were yellow!

Apparently my little trend setter decided being two toned wasn't 'in' and wanted to be all red before her siblings! I checked all the other chicks, nope, no others were red. She is even redder than the camera would pick up!

It finally dawns on me what this chick did. She decided to dust bathe in the bowl of grit I had just put in there that day...which is red (came from TSC). There always has to be 1! Lol, its like dealing with toddlers!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Too funny, she's adorable

3. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks, definitely one I will have to keep. Trying to come up with a cute name to go with her little dye job lol.

4. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    "Scarlet"! [​IMG] My A&M quail did that very thing a couple days ago....went outside and was greeted by 6 pink quail. [​IMG] Our 5yo son thought they'd been sunburned! [​IMG]

5. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    That's too cute! [​IMG]

6. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Scarlet, thats perfect!

I can't even remember what was running through my mind as I was trying to figure out how she could possibly be red and none of the others were lol. Sunburned, haha, your son is adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by