HEY Monarc boy and girl?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by gabrielle1976, May 7, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    can we tell yet ?

Oh and are quail nice to new comers someone is takeing these guys tammrow and I was thinking about keeping 2 but then Id have to intro them to others after they hatch whats youre opnion?

Edited cause I didnt realize you all could see bits of my messy house in the pics [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    first one is a hen, second a boy [​IMG]

they should be nice to new comers as long as the new comers arent older because if they are then they may be mean unless being used to being around youngsters [​IMG]

However try it either way the birds may suprise you I brood MANy diff ages together [​IMG]

3. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Ok thats what I thought they dont have all there feathers but the girls tend to be spotty right even if they have a little rust on them and boys arnt spotty and there rusty ??
    Yeah I have a tiny button in with chickens lol he is kinda beat up around the edges but he is ok

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:my buttons are spoiled brats in my brooder they get to sleep under everyone else [​IMG]

as for the chicks yeppers, but if you see a lot of rust and spots..i'd wait a bit more to decide on those but yes guarrenteed top is hen bottom is roo [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by