Hey MysticalMom, I have a ?

javajanie

Songster
9 Years
May 10, 2010
Southern MD
Where did you get your kiddie pools? I got mine at Dollar General but it's not very deep. I'm looking for something wider and deeper. Wal-mart had one with a slide a few weeks back, but it had a hole!

The big deep ones with the slides came from Walmart. I think they were $30 each. They were back in the lawn and garden section. They do have holes... but the hole is for the drain plug. (the plastic plug is attached by wire to the rail when you buy it, and not in the hole)

Last edited:
I got a 60" (five foot diameter) plastic pool at my local hardware/feed store. They carry them almost year round and can order them - mine was only 13.99!

56653_img_1154.jpg

56653_img_1159.jpg

Kylee2Katie. I have some of that size too... but the ones with the slides are sooooooooooooo much deeper.

Quote:
I told the guy at the hardware store what I wanted to do and he fixed me up!! It was actually pretty easy. I drilled a starter hole and then cut the rest with an exacto knife. It has a piece on the inside that screws into the white piece on the outside - there are two rubber gaskets, one on the inside and one on the outside, between the white piece and the pool - this seals it to prevent leaks. the yellow piece is a faucet adapter that is used to hook up 2 hoses to one faucet. when I want to drain, I just turn the dial on the yellow piece to open and let it go.....it drains through the hose.

Quote:
I told the guy at the hardware store what I wanted to do and he fixed me up!! It was actually pretty easy. I drilled a starter hole and then cut the rest with an exacto knife. It has a piece on the inside that screws into the white piece on the outside - there are two rubber gaskets, one on the inside and one on the outside, between the white piece and the pool - this seals it to prevent leaks. the yellow piece is a faucet adapter that is used to hook up 2 hoses to one faucet. when I want to drain, I just turn the dial on the yellow piece to open and let it go.....it drains through the hose.

Ohhhhhh we really need to hook something like this up. The drain holes in the big pools make them easy to drain, but with the hose I could let it drain down in the woods, or IN MY GARDEN!

Back
Top Bottom