Hey MysticalMom, I have a ?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by javajanie, Aug 16, 2010.

1. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Where did you get your kiddie pools? I got mine at Dollar General but it's not very deep. I'm looking for something wider and deeper. Wal-mart had one with a slide a few weeks back, but it had a hole!

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Mine is deep and i got it from a menards. Kmart also has them.

3. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    The big deep ones with the slides came from Walmart. I think they were $30 each. They were back in the lawn and garden section. They do have holes... but the hole is for the drain plug. (the plastic plug is attached by wire to the rail when you buy it, and not in the hole)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. kylee2katie

kylee2katie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Stuttgart, Arkansas
    I got a 60" (five foot diameter) plastic pool at my local hardware/feed store. They carry them almost year round and can order them - mine was only 13.99!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Kylee2katie- How did you rig your drain plug?

6. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    Kylee2Katie. I have some of that size too... but the ones with the slides are sooooooooooooo much deeper.

7. kylee2katie

kylee2katie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Stuttgart, Arkansas
    Quote:I told the guy at the hardware store what I wanted to do and he fixed me up!! It was actually pretty easy. I drilled a starter hole and then cut the rest with an exacto knife. It has a piece on the inside that screws into the white piece on the outside - there are two rubber gaskets, one on the inside and one on the outside, between the white piece and the pool - this seals it to prevent leaks. the yellow piece is a faucet adapter that is used to hook up 2 hoses to one faucet. when I want to drain, I just turn the dial on the yellow piece to open and let it go.....it drains through the hose.

8. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    i got mine at toys r babies

9. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    Quote:I told the guy at the hardware store what I wanted to do and he fixed me up!! It was actually pretty easy. I drilled a starter hole and then cut the rest with an exacto knife. It has a piece on the inside that screws into the white piece on the outside - there are two rubber gaskets, one on the inside and one on the outside, between the white piece and the pool - this seals it to prevent leaks. the yellow piece is a faucet adapter that is used to hook up 2 hoses to one faucet. when I want to drain, I just turn the dial on the yellow piece to open and let it go.....it drains through the hose.

Ohhhhhh we really need to hook something like this up. The drain holes in the big pools make them easy to drain, but with the hose I could let it drain down in the woods, or IN MY GARDEN!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by