1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Hey NC! ... Free Bantam Aracuna Rooster to good home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Zylphrix, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Zylphrix

Zylphrix In the Brooder

Nov 24, 2007
    Hillsborough NC
    My favorite Hen turns out to be a Rooster. Does anyone close to Hillsborough NC want a free Bantam Aracuna Rooster (not for eating). He has lots of personality and is not mean .. I raised him inside my house because I thought he was a she and she was being picked on .. well He has come of age and I work too early and my walls are too thin. .. He is missing a few digits on his toes .. a dog bit his toes off before i owned him .. I took him to save him (a her at the time .. and I paid 15 dollars for her). .. Please Adopt this Roo. .. I call him Fred

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  2. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Songster

Feb 26, 2008
    Are you sure he is Araucana? He looks kind of like a silver duckwing. How far are you from Monroe. My son is wanting to start back raising bantams.

3. Zylphrix

Zylphrix In the Brooder

Nov 24, 2007
    Hillsborough NC
    not sure how far .. im near Chapel Hill .. and Yes I am sure he is an Aracuna (not sure the correct spelling) .. I got him from a fellow named Reggie Neal .. he is .. or was .. a member of an Aracuna club and thats all he bred .. I wasnt worried about breeding as I only wanted the blueish eggs and chose this one because i liked the splashy color. .. Im fairly new to chickens myself and this Roo is only 6 or 7 months old max.

Mark

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  4. Zylphrix

Zylphrix In the Brooder

Nov 24, 2007
    Hillsborough NC
    found a home for him .. thanks

mark

5. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Songster

Feb 26, 2008
    I'm glad you found him a home. I've never raised araucanas, so i'm not familiar with their color patterns, but he is a nice looking bird.

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Many chicken breeds have similar color patterns. That is a nice looking silver duckwing araucana. I am glad you found him a home as well.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: