Hey New Englanders, Vacation Advice, RI

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    We will be spending the weekend in Narragansett, RI May 22 for my sisters law school graduation. Id love some thoughts on sights to see or a really great seafood restaurant. I love those great out of the way places the locals know about. There will be several adults, my 6 year old and maybe my 18 year old. Any advice would be great.

2. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Anyone? I see theres a zoo in Providence, any one been there? Is it nice?

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    http://www.nordiclodge.com/

i
    LOVE this place! its an all you can eat lobster and prime rib and filet migon and steamers and shrimp and EVERYTHING buffet!...[​IMG] i am in glutten heaven when i go there! its a bit pricy..but we try to go at least once a year because we think its worth it!.. [​IMG] and the beach isnt far from there at all either!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  4. ams3651

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    wow that menu is out of this world but the price [​IMG] $80 Im sure its worth it but not on a weekend budget. I could spend the night at the dessert table in that place.

5. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    GOOD HEAVENS!!!! [​IMG] That to me is outrageous. For 80.00 I hope you are getting sturgeon eggs. [​IMG][​IMG] I spend 4.99 for all you can eat Chinese buffet and they have shrimp, muscles, scallops, fish..and all the other goodies that are Chinese, crab ragoon, egg rolls. Guess I am just cheap!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL..yeah..i certanily dont think i can eat $80 worth of food...but..if ya think about it...lobster is about $10-12 a pound...so..if you eat a few 1-2 pounders..and then have some prime rib and shrimp...we get close to eating our $80 worth of food! well..actually hubby can get his moneys worth for sure! we just dont eat anything that day before we go so we have more room for lobster! [​IMG] then we get sick from all the lobster and butter... [​IMG] have fun on your vacation! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by