Hey! New here at BYC.

TheKindaFarmGal

Free Ranging
6 Years
May 4, 2016
Somewhere in the Universe
Hi everybody! I'm new here and still figuring out how this site works. I've had chickens for a few years and have had quail in the past as well. Right now I have 30-35 free-range roosters, hens and chicks. They have names (except for the younger ones) and are mixed breed. Anyway, looking forward to learning more here and maybe helping others as well!

Welcome to BYC. Take a trip to the forums and click on whatever seems relevant to you. The site becomes quite easy to navigate with use.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll get used to it quick.
smile.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us with both the intention of maybe learning a bit here and there, as well as sharing your experience - it will be most appreciated.

Best wishes

CT

hello everyone! I signed up for backyardchickens a long time ago and have stalked yours posts for about 4 years! I guess I never verified my account so I am considered a new egg! I have learned so much over the years and just wanted to take a minute and say hi and to thank you all. I have easter eggers, cochin, FBCM, Welsummer, Legbars, Bielefelders, and lavender silkies. I am addicted to incubating!! I also have Muscovy and mallard ducks. I currently have Sebastopol goose eggs, midget white turkey eggs and lav silkies in my incubator. I am also hatching some buff orps for a neighbor.
thanks,
Teresa

Hi, The kind of farm Gal. I wonder how many chickens can you keep in your town? I have 29 chickens at the moment, and I will never kill them. Eventually the number probably will grow up. Some people in our neighborhood haven chickens and never get a permit. Our town said we do need a permit to raise chickens, but lots of paperwork.

Last edited:
Hey Soula! I live in a small rural town and there is no limit on the number of chickens in the city or out. There is no permit or papers needed. I live outside the city and have around 40 hens, roosters and chicks at the moment. Some people have two chickens, some have two hundred. It just depends on what you want and how much land you have.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom