Hey Omran, I got a ? about your coop and run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SarahBeth9394, Sep 7, 2008.

1. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I was looking at the pics of your set up and I was trying to figure out what it is that you have at the bottom of the perimeter of your run. I can't tell if it's concrete, rocks, or steppin stone bricks.

2. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Hi Sarahbeth! [​IMG]

I think the best way to contact someone is by either PM or email. Omran has his account set up for email, so I would try him thru that.

So many threads are posted here daily, he may not see this, unfortunately.

Again, welcome to BYC!

[​IMG]

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Quote:Hi there! I used rocks (# 57's) around the bottom perimeter of the run. Under the rocks I buried wiring fence into the ground and then dumped the rocks on top of it. The fencing is very thick (14 gage). I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Omran.

4. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    I'd really rather just start a topic and see what happens first. I do think there may be others that would like to know as well. I understand your just making a friendly suggestion but as nice as the pm feature is I don't want to be a newbie that just starts pm'ing everyone I have a question for. It's not a good way to start out.

5. SarahBeth9394

Aug 23, 2008
    Quote:Hi there! I used rocks (# 57's) around the bottom perimeter of the run. Under the rocks I buried wiring fence into the ground and then dumped the rocks on top of it. The fencing is very thick (14 gage). I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Omran.

Yes it helps. I have two dogs, a German Shorthair Pointer and a Blue Tic Coonhound. We don't hunt but they still have that instinct. So I want to make sure that we do a solid build and not loose any chickens. I was thinking about rocks over barbed wire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by