Hey Polish people! *pics*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Yayah, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Yayah

Yayah Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    So I just got this cute chick. Just wondering how old you suppose it is. I was thinking about 6 wks? But I'm definitely no good at this... Also, this thing has the biggest nares I've ever seen on a bird! Haha
    One more thing... do you suppose she is a she? I was (of course) hoping! But it's got quite the crest, and I don't have any Polish experience! Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ReikiStar

ReikiStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations. What a cutie! I'm thinking more like 3 or 4 weeks old and going to say it's a girl. I know it's early still but it's well feathered, as girls feather out sooner and so far, the crest feathers are nice and wide.

3. AlicesSilkies

AlicesSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Very lovley, i am not to sure if it is a girl, you cant really tell just but the crests because i have 3 polish girls and one has such a weird crest, lol!
    However wait untill 7 weeks and we will be able to tell for sure, polish chicks are soo friendly.
    Enjoy!! [​IMG]

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    thats a young buff polish boy

5. Yayah

Yayah Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Northwest Pennsylvania
    Thanks all! So about 3 or 4 weeks? I'll still hope it's a girl for another few weeks. Haha. Then I'll post some more pictures. I don't think it's been handled a lot, so I'm setting about trying to tame this one. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by