Hey question my female duck which is acting not normal after she broke her wing some how:(

Duckyman1234

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2021
First We had it wrapped for about a week when I first saw it. Then we took it off and brought her back out side with the others. And it looked like the wing was fine after about a week or 2 but then couple days went by and it is back down once again but this time she is off balanced when walking on hills or trying to go in the barn in which I have to help her get in I don't even know why:( she even is walking real slow like a turtle. But she's eating, drinking, biting my clothes eta.

The only issues are walking real slow, unbalanced when on hills or entering barn and one wing is drooping which is the broken wing.

So what on earth is wrong? Can a broken wing cause her to walk real slow and be unbalanced? Also we rewrapped her wing again . Any ideas?

The pic below is from the first time we wrapped it .

Attachments

• 20220401_182523.jpg
    20220401_182523.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 31
Having a broken wing could have something to do with it. If the wing is truly broken it will most likely take longer than a few weeks for it to heal. Might be best to put her where you can monitor her eating drinking and pooping to make sure nothing else is going on. Putting her with a friend will help with loneliness. If I have one that is limping I set up the dog pen in the area where everyone hangs out with food and water that way they aren't isolated from the flock but have to rest.

Sorry for late reply She died sadly the next day:(

She might of had a Brain issue cause she just had a sizzure and died. That would explain why her wing was drooping? rip cloud.

But now idk what happened but my Kaya Campbell duck might have a broken wing or got attacked by rat cause the door that leads out is chewed on so I patched it up

She might of had a Brain issue cause she just had a sizzure and died. That would explain why her wing was drooping? rip cloud.

But now idk what happened but my Kaya Campbell duck might have a broken wing or got attacked by rat cause the door that leads out is chewed on so I patched it up
I'm sorry to hear she didn't make it :hugs

I hope you figure out what's causing problems for your other ducks. And are able to stop it before you potentially lose more.

Update she's doing better. It's not down as much but still can't move it but she's doing better so ya likely a rat attacked her. So ya she's doing better I'm still keeping an eye on her but feeling alot more relaxed knowing it'd not a broken wing

Back
Top Bottom