1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hey Rabbit-Keepers, What is This? **UPDATE**NOW WHAT?**

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SproutGirl, May 13, 2009.

1. SproutGirl

SproutGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Look at what my SO found cruising down the middle of the street at 10:30 last night! What kind of a rabbit is it? What do I do now?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  2. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    very cute! Go to TSC, buy some rabbit food .. and a nice water bottle, and some wire ... lol.

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:That does NOT look wild. Looks like some *you-know-what* decided to set their kid's bunny "free."

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:That does NOT look wild. Looks like some *you-know-what* decided to set their kid's bunny "free."

I think she's wanting to know what breed .. obviously an escapee .. or a "turned-loosee" .. poor baby?

5. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Yup, I bet that is what happened. SUch a cutie, I'd keep him if I had found him. [​IMG]

6. SproutGirl

SproutGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Missoula, Montana
    Yeah, that's what I'm asking. Does anyone know what breed of rabbit this is? I don't know much about rabbits. I've read a little about them as livestock, but I don't exactly think this little fellow is "meat!" I've also read a book called "Enslaved by Ducks," which is hilarious if you haven't read it, and the author writes about his experiences with rabbits. Some breeds had different personalities.

7. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    It's probably a crossbred rabbit. I think someone probably got bored with their Easter present already. It looks vaguely like a Rhinelander, but the body shape isn't quite right.

Well, congrats on the new bun!

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    it kind of sort of looks tasty to me [​IMG]

9. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    i had mini rex's that color, but that doesn't have the hair coat rex's have

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:My best guess was going to be a mini rex cross. The rex fur is recessive, so an outcross wouldn't have rex fur.

Sure is a pretty bunny, I always loved the tri's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by