Hey, RareRoo- look at him now

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by obxWaMi, Jul 28, 2010.

1. obxWaMi

obxWaMi Chillin' With My Peeps

He is now 11 1/2 weeks old. Does he still look like your Lemon Cuckoo Orp chicks?

[​IMG]

2. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I'm not sure what he is, but BOY is he handsome [​IMG]

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Look at them big ol' gams!

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Awesome!!!! Tell that girl that's got the import thread going to get him some English buffs [​IMG]

I didn't realize (duh!) that you only need a (lemon) cuckoo roo and standard orp hens to get the lemon cuckoo babies. Not to steal the thread- but I went to visit the lady that is selling the lemon cuckoo orp eggs for $650 a dozen yesterday. Not going to go into too much detail- but I'd much rather get them (if I wanted them) from Clint, or even pay the $100 a chick to Greenfire than to get them from TN. The birds I saw are not good- hens are hatchery-at-best buff orps, and roo is pretty, but doesn't look even slightly English. Not to mention the living conditions [​IMG]

I went to look at some splash marans (and to quench my curiosity), and took the pair home more out of pity than anthing else.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Hey Yes he looks great, he looks a good bit bigger that my LCs are now, but I ended up with more pullets that I though, I originally though I had 3 cockerels and 1 pullet, but now I have 2 pullets and I'm still debating on the youngest one. I need to get some more pics, the roo kinda slowed down growin a bit and the pullets are nearly caught up with him. I had them in a smaller pen that was getting crowded but I just move them this morning to a bigger pen with my Light Sussex and Bama Orps so theres not as much competition for food.

Its a shame we dont know more about the where your boy came from. He seems to be growing pretty good and has desent type to be used in an Orp project.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by