Hey SamG347 I got my cortunix eggs today! update/Pics

Poison Ivy

Crowing
16 Years
May 2, 2007
Naples, Florida
They were wrapped really nice and I loved the little clear eggs cartons you had them in. I only had 2 that were broken and they were really big eggs compared to the others. I will set them tonight before going to bed. Thanks Here are some pictures.

cortunixeggs1.jpg

cortunix2.jpg

cortunixbroke1.jpg

cortunixbroke2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Poison! Looks like my shipping method is a success. It seems no matter how you pack the eggs there will always be some that get broken.
It is sad but true. But I hope you have a great hatch!
smile.png

Those eggs are so ugly they are pretty...they look like little white and dark chocolate malt balls...
Speaking of which...I'm hungry!

Good job Sambolicious....here's wishing for a GREAT hatch for Poison Ivy!

Some of the eggs are so round they wouldn't fit next to each other in my quail rack. I had to do everyother one on some of them. I can't wait till they hatch. I will let you know how many babies hatch.

@migocontodos~ :

Those eggs are so ugly they are pretty...they look like little white and dark chocolate malt balls...
Speaking of which...I'm hungry!

Good job Sambolicious....here's wishing for a GREAT hatch for Poison Ivy!

WEll awesome, now ya got me hungry for some chocolate. I am glad that your egs came well packaged. Good luck with incubating let us know how its going. I am currently incubating my first batch of Cortunix too.​

Yes I'm very happy with the size and shape of these eggs the girls are laying. Also adding 4 more girls into the breeder flock in the week or so to come. Just to get some new blood/layers into the flock.
smile.png

Hey Sam, "oh guru of quail"

When should my bobwhite start laying? They are a little over 12 weeks old. The guy I got them from didn't sex them as well as I hoped. I have 6 females to 8 males was suppose to be 12 to 2
barnie.gif

Also, do my females need a nestbox like my chickens or will they just create something down in the mulch in their run?

I'm hoping to get the expansion of their enclousure done soon. It's been just too dagblum hot!!

Hey Sam I candled tonight and 27 are growing and 3 were clear. Plus the air cells look great can't wait till they hatch. The ones I put wax on are doing good so far too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Bobwhites take about 140 days to lay... or about 20 weeks...

Sam, those are some nice looking eggs!
smile.png
You must have some really nice girls.
smile.png

Quote:
Thats great!
jumpy.gif

I candle my eggs i got from Sam as well and i saw veins and small embryo's
smile.png

My Cortunix eggs are going on day 6

Back
Top Bottom