Hey So. Cal. Urgently need your opinion.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by hosspak, Oct 26, 2013.

1. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    Has anyone in the IE purchased any chickens from the guy off HW 74 and Ellis? I woke up this morning to a new voice crowing in the coop.... My buff orp "hen" has a cute loud crow. This is the second of four hens (supposed to be hens) that have turned out to be roos... Now I'm very upset for the wasted time and money waiting for the eggs.

I'm getting ready to pack them up and drop in for a visit to the guy I bought them from. Has anyone of you had to do this before. Looking for advice on how to handle this, right now I'm way too angry!!!!!!!!!!!

2. We should all expect 50% cockerels & 50% pullets in reality. Even "PROFESSIONAL" sexing is not even 90%.

If you were sold pullets only, call em up and see what they will do for ya. Life is simple.

Wish ya the best. 619 for life.

3. hosspak

hosspak Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2013
    Lake Elsinore, CA.
    I have learned much from this site, unfortunately it was after I became a chicken wrangler. But when a chicken seller tells you something, you should expect it to be true. Fortunately, he resolved the issue yesterday and I was able to return the 2 roosters and add 2 Buff hens and 2 black sex links to the family. I am satisfied at this point, except for a new countdown to eggs!

4. Glad to here they exchanged the boys for ya. Can't beat that type of service. One of the great tests in life is waiting for those first eggs to come. Hope you have many eggs in the future.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by