Hey SOURLAND, I wanted to tell you something....

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
After playing phone tag with my dad for a week, he finally called me today.

We had a nice, longggggggggggg conversation. Dad was coherent for most of it. Towards the end his mind started to wander and he was back in WWII. Apparently there was an incident aboard a submarine he served on that involved an Arkie.

Dad's parting words to me was a bit of advice. He warned me to never let anyone here in Arkansas know that I was the child of two yankees.

I immediately thought of you. Keep my secret okay?
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
don't worry gritsar. I'm the child of a yankee mom and a sothern boy dad and i was born in Mexico. So that makes me what??.....
big_smile.png

Where in AR are you? I've alsways wondered? I'm south of LR, Sheridan

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes he served in what's known as the Silent Service, naval submarine duty. He spent 20 years on the subs, something not everybody is cut out to do.

He's in the minority now, as it's estimated we lose over 1,000 WWII veterans each day in the US.
sad.png
Dad will be 89 on November 1st.
smile.png

Quote:
My DH is the child of an arkie and a coon*** and DH was born in Texas, so......
tongue.png

Our south fence line is the Sevier/Polk county line. Does that narrow it down a bit?
wink.png

Quote:
So true!
thumbsup.gif

As soon as I get the rosary that I'm making for his birthday done I'll post pics for y'all to see. Wanted to make it for him months ago, but *stuff* got in the way. After it's finished I have to take it to the priest to have it blessed and have to hope the church roof doesn't cave in on me.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom