Hey There Everyone !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Anaisxp, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Anaisxp

Anaisxp Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Miami
    My name is Anais,
    I found a lonely baby duckling in my complex and me being the animal lover that I am I didn't have the heart to leave it alone to die. It is not my first rodeo at helping a baby duck grow, but I am always concerned about the duckling's well-being and I freak out over every little different change I see.

I don't know if anyone will read this but I'll write a background story.
    Last year around January two Egyptian Geese killed a momma duck and I found a muscovy duckling alone. I cared for it and helped it grow for around 4 months it grew beautifully, he had all his feathers and spend its time outside with older ducks. It mostly spent its time in a big cage because the geese were very territorial and "Chirp" (that was his name) couldn't fly or defend himself. He always had food and water as well as shade from the hot Florida sun. One morning that I was at work a family member left Chirp outside and he was attacked by the geese, a few hours later he died from his wounds. I was left heartbroken, after all my time, effort and love my beloved Chirp died </3[​IMG][​IMG]

A year later I find myself in a similar situation, I found another duckling on his/her own and I have so many questions and concerns. I finally got the nerve to make an account to ask more experienced people about any question or mini freak out I have. [​IMG]

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Anais [​IMG] Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear about Chirp [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry also that I have no experience with Ducks, just chickens, but hopefully I can help out by pointing you in the direction of the Duck Forum. You should get answers to all your questions there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

1 person likes this.
  3. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Can you get another baby duck to keep it company?
    Do you plan on keeping this duck for ever?
    Welcome to BYC.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello!

All the best
    CT

1 person likes this.
  5. Anaisxp

Anaisxp Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Miami
    Thank you very much !

6. Anaisxp

Anaisxp Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Miami
    At the moment I am not able to get another duck, I spend a lot of time with it so it won't feel too lonely. I have a big pond outside my house once it grows up he'll be outside but I will always keep an eye on him.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, thank you for joining us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by