Hey there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HaugenRanch, Oct 5, 2016.

1. HaugenRanch

HaugenRanch New Egg

Oct 5, 2016
    Hey good people!

We started having backyard chickens a couple of months ago and it has been a great experience so far! I have visited this site sooo many times in the time before we started, and it has been my primary source for inspiration and tips while I was building the coop.

We live in Northern Norway so I hope to give you a few updates when the winter sets in and the temperature drops.

Our feathery gang consists of 3 white italians, which we got from an egg-farm on the countryside. They are one year old but are still super productive! They never stopped laying when we got them, so the first 10 days we got 29 eggs!

We also have two cats who doesnt really understand why we brought these big birds here, but they seem to have allowed it for now.

[​IMG]

What is the best way to share pictures of building our coop? Make a member page?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a neat coop and birds you have there! It sure does sound like they settled very well with you with all the eggs you got. Great to hear you have found BYC so helpful and making a coop page would be a great idea for sharing your build. Coop pages can be made here ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
    Don't worry if the "Add a coop design" does not show for you straight away. You may just need a few more posts before this becomes available to you. The more you post the more features become available to you. We also have a coop contest that you could enter once you have made your page ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-and-run-page-contest-winter-spring-2016/0_30

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, HaugenRanch, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community. I agree with Yorkshire above - that is a fine looking coop! And you have some great research links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC, so glad you joined the flock.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    BYC seems to be having problems with the smilies, lots of glitches and missing ones

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Interesting, those look like what we call Leghorns in the US. They are an Italian breed though, so I guess they call them Italians in some places! Cool to know.

Ah, so it's not just me?! I thought something was up with my phone! I can't see any of them, they just show up as text like "lol.png" and such.

7. HaugenRanch

HaugenRanch New Egg

Oct 5, 2016
    That's right! In the US they are called leghorns :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  8. HaugenRanch

HaugenRanch New Egg

Oct 5, 2016
    more pictures of the girls :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us and I hope you make yourself at home! Love the pics!

10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by