1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hey there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bjo_6, Apr 12, 2017.

1. bjo_6

bjo_6 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    Hi everyone! I'm not really new on here but I haven't posted much and am trying to be able to put pictures on! I've had chickens and turkeys before but I lost all my hens last summer to a bear so I've started over!

I have 15 mystery bantam chicks
    2 goldlaced cochin bantam chicks
    1 Welsummer bantam chick
    4 silkie bantam chicks
    6 more mystery bantam chicks

I have a 2 year old son who just loves the peeps which is why we ended up with so many!! I'm anxious to post some pics to see what a few of my mystery chicks are!

2. Jetblack2004

Jetblack2004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2016
    East Sussex
    [​IMG]

3. bjo_6

bjo_6 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks! Do you know how many posts are needed before pictures are allowed?

4. MaMaBird53

MaMaBird53 New Egg

Apr 9, 2017
    Washington
    New member here. Recently moved to Washington State from AZ. 3 weeks ago my hubby brought home 8 baby chicks! 2 Aquila, 2 Golden SexLink, & 4 Brown LegHorns! WOW, have they grown! Hopefully we don't have any roosters, as I don't think my neighbors would be happy. Nor I!! lol
    I'm not sure how to start my own post, so I posted here. Anyway.....I'm really excited to have the chicks, soon to be full grown chickens! 2 are very friendly & let me pet & hold them. The house we bought here has a beautiful coop! So we HAD to get chickens lol
    Any advice on how to do my own posts will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, bjo_6, and :welcome! Great to have you in our community! Can't imagine having to make my coop bear-proof! Good luck to you and your flock and thanks for joining BYC! :woot

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas

Greetings, MaMaBird and :welcome! I see you posted your intro onto the end of someone else's intro. If you'd like you can go back to the top of this page and select the tab that says Start a New Thread. Then type your intro into the box and hit submit. That way we can give you a proper BYC welcome!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    bjo You can post photos of your birds (individual ones are best) at "what breed or gender is this." It's best if they are 6-8 weeks old or more. Welcome to the BYC flock [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by