Hey there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by laceyharrison, Aug 26, 2013.

1. laceyharrison

laceyharrison New Egg

Aug 20, 2013
    Hey all. I've been reading this site for a year and a half now buy didn't join until a few weeks ago.
    We got our first four girls last April and built a coop out of pallets we broke down. Up until last march the ladies "free ranged" our yard but then they got under our deck to cool off and layed eggs under there and my husband bought the wrong food we realized too late and then we weren't getting eggs. We also got two new babies around that time. It got really hot here in Oregon. Just a bunch of things at once. Also we have two dogs that chase them a bit for fun. Oy be.
    So after months of trying all sorts of things, we moved the coop and made them a run that they are in all day, we let them out after five at night until they go to bed. And I put wormer med in their water just on case that was a possibility. They didn't have worms, no mites, poops looked fine. And finally today we got four eggs!! So that is our chicken story. Hopefully all the ladies are moving onward and upward.

We still have the issue of the new and old flocking up and the older Wont let them on the roost pole so we have to add another pole and reconfigure the coop a bit. Hopefully that won't through them off again but right now my babies are laying up one inch off the floor on the 1x1 right at the door or on the edge of the boxes.

2. laceyharrison

laceyharrison New Egg

Aug 20, 2013
    I rambled and my spelling is not great. iPhone typing is a struggle :)

3. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    lol Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

5. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi and :welcome

Sounds like an interesting story! Glad you've started to get eggs again, it sounds like things are settling down! :)
    Enjoy the site. :D

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and a belated [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by