Hey, what the heck breed are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jeffross1968, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    So...these chicks are from Ideal's "Rare breed pullet" special. They are the few breeds I took pictures of before I got annoyed at my crappy camera. I'm sure in most cases it's too early, but hey, why not have a little fun!

Chickie #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chickie #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chickie #3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chickie #4

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chickie #5

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    Chickie #3 is http://privetthatchery.com/Home/prdDetails.aspx?id=MARS a maran... matches the baby. or http://privetthatchery.com/Home/prdDetails.aspx?id=BKLS, the yellow spot area on the wing sorta.

Chickie #4 looks like Americana. http://privetthatchery.com/Home/prdDetails.aspx?id=ARS

Chickie #5 is sorta more like the number three. if they are same age though, it has to be two different breeds.

It's also hard to tell when they are not adults yet.

Cute chirpies by the way. I had chicken babies just like 4 and 1. I wish I could have one like the 2nd one, looks so cute.. the red head should mean it is going to be a red bird, but depending on its age... and how it grows its feathers later on, you never know. The RIR babies are yellow at first. I checked that privetthatchery for all the Red Chicken possibilities, but it looks like that baby chick will not grow to be one of those.

My number 4 and 1 were not Americana's. The male, four, turned into my Rooster I have in my pictures of rooster, in Avatar I think.... It's on there... and the girl turned, number one chickie of urs turned out to be Brownie Mix, I think. which is an EE. the two look totally different.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
  5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Chick #4 is 100% a Barnevelder

6. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    I thought Barnevelder, also, on #4 and maybe #2. But went to look closer at the ones in my brooder and now not sure. Here are pics of mine at one week. Coloring, leg color and feather patterns don't look that close. But your pics in actual sunlight (which we expect to see here in Washington no later than 4th of July [​IMG]) could be making them look more red than they actually are.

First picture is no flash, second is with flash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Your two messy-faced ladies (chick one and possibly chick four) are the Gold Laced Wyandottes. They always look like little zorros that messed up their masks. I havn't had a lot of luck getting nice Wyandottes from hatcheries, but hopefully your little girls are gentle and sweet.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by