1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hey Will (wclawrence) They're here!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Frozen Feathers, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Got a surprise call from the PO at 1 saying "Your birds just flew in the door" Ha ha those PO guys sure are funny. [​IMG]

They are in awesome condition and both so beautiful. The hen just about killed me! I opened the box in my house and as soon as I got her out she got loose and was flying all over the house knocking things down...broke a coffee cup! [​IMG] My daughter thought it was funny anyway. I finally got a hold of her and now they are out in a pen, I gave them food and water and they are eating/drinking good. I will get pics as soon as I can...it's nasty outside right now. [​IMG]

Have they ever seen snow?

Thanks so much, Will. It was a pleasure doing business with you and hope to do more in the future.

Ps...I am very pleased with the cockerel, I think he is going to turn out real nice. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2008
  2. wclawrence

wclawrence Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeh they have seen snow, just about three weeks ago we had some.
    That is a fast arrival for those things.

I have a pic ready that I took three days ago. It's bad out of focus, but you can get the point.
    I look forward to doing business again for sure.
    [​IMG]

3. wclawrence

How are they settling in?

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    They are doing really well, Will, thanks for asking. The hen has already laid an egg. He seems pretty good natured, her not so much...lol. She seemed calmer today, though.
    If it ever stops snowing I will get to take pictures. Was going today, but my camera batteries died and I couldn't bring myself to go back out there in this mess!

5. wclawrence

Yeah she was a free ranger here. Those always take a few weeks to get tamed down. She was fine with me after one week in the pen. Shipping could shake that up a little. I got him to where I could catch him without a fight. The more you handle him the better he will get. Keep us updated as he feathers out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by