hey yall! Any clues to what these are?

Gordon_H

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
First, let me introduce myself - I'm Gordon and I am a new chicken addict. I have been lurking for a few days hoping to figure out what I have for chickens and while the information has been very helpful and I think I know what I have, I wanted to formally ask in case I am horribly wrong.

We bought 6 chickens from TSC (pause for gasps and scowling), and I am pretty sure that before I could even spell chickens, I knew more about chickens than the people who sold me these birds. I am sure they were mislabled and I am not sure what gender they are.

Pictures

Huge note. they don't let you put pictures on when you are new, so I will try again latter!

oriole%20and%20chickens%20009%20(640x360).jpg

So, I leave it to the experts! What do you think?

By the way - we also bought a white-headed black polish from another chicken feller!

EDIT!! it worked!!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Congratulations on your new chicks! There are a lot of people on here who buy chickens at their local farm stores, myself included. There are a number of threads that discuss TSC and chicken math.
wink.png
My favorite chicken is an Easter Egger purchased at a feed mill.
love.gif
Post your pictures when you can! You can also try describing your chicks here if you are in a hurry to know what they are or look at some of the online hatcheries who post pictures of their baby chicks.

If you introduce yourself in the new member section, and welcome a few other newbies while there, it will probably get you the # of posts needed to post a pic.
smile.png
Or you can try describing them, but pics do work better.
welcome-byc.gif

If you can get TSC to tell you what hatchery they use, you can go to the hatchery's website and id your chicks by the pics they have. My TSC uses Privett and I was able to figure out that my yellow skinned silkie is actually a sultan. Going back for more today...lol....chicken math.....I just toss them in the brooder and my BH(better half) never catches on. And that minimum 6 chick limit has its uses...even though my TSC will sell me one chick if i want.
"But honey I HAD to buy six!"

welcome-byc.gif
from Northwestern PA

We all add to our flock from many different paths. It's the nature of the addiction!
wee.gif

From my local TSC I've added 12 Golden Comet pullets, 2 Tetra Tint pullets 5 White Silkies 1 Golden Sebright 3 D'uccles just this season.

Welcome to the group. Now we're going to have to tell you the secret..... coop expansion.

Bigger coop...more chickies... no problem...addiction goes on without a hitch!

We'll wait for the pics.
jumpy.gif

AHA!!!! it worked!!!

You can see they were a little spooked at their mother running out with the camera - but maybe you can help me with the IDs?

Thanks!

oriole%20and%20chickens%20009%20(640x360).jpg

Back
Top Bottom