Hey y'all. I am new to the group :-)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TaraE1965, Nov 9, 2015.

1. TaraE1965

TaraE1965 Just Hatched

Nov 9, 2015
    I decided to use the template y'all suggest, so here goes..............

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Well, yes and no. I had helped my FIL with his chickens, but never owned any of my/our own. We purchased our chickens in March of this year.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 5 hens and 1 rooster. We plan on 6-8 more in the Spring. :)

(3) What breeds do you have?

3 Reds (1 rooster and 2 hens) and 3 Leghorns (all hens)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Since we are new to raising chickens on our own we do alot of researching online and I found your website, which I think is phenomenal.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We are outdoors people and love animals. Gardening, biking, visiting State and National Parks here in Texas. Schlitterbahn and the river in the summer, football in the fall and winter. :) GO COWBOYS (yes, I know we suck right now, but we get Romo back in 2 weeks :) AND SPURS.............YEEHAW!!!!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have been married for 27 years, and we have 2 children...........a son that is 21 (and the main chicken caretaker. He has Aspergers, very high functioning, and this is what gets him out of the house and doing things), and a daughter that is in middle school. We have 2 dogs, Emily and Diamond, (we are foster failures.......... twice LOLOL), 1 cat - Stitch, a guinea pig - Dallas and a fish tank full of fish. OH, and about 20 deer that come up each evening to visit ;-). See, we love animals and the outdoors!!! I am a stay at home mom with a small cleaning business, but am looking for something else to do. We are from the Great State of Texas!!!

Can't wait to get to know people and learn from everyone else. So far, we LOVE chickens. I had no idea they had such personality and our 2 reds follow us around like our dogs do. I am so glad we decided to invest in them, because they are a joy to have around...........well, except for the nice little droppings they leave everywhere they go.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

1 person likes this.
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. :eek:) Don't feel bad about using the template. I wish a lot more new members would use it. We get lots of one line introductions (sometime one word introductions) where we learn absolutely nothing about the new members. X2 on NorthFlChick; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. amytr1014

amytr1014 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2015
    Texas
    Welcome! Where in Texas are you from? My hubby and I live in San Marcos! We love chickens too! :)

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the BYC flock, hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by